We are happy to send you a complimentary ring sizer so that you can easily measure your ring size at home. Ring sizers shipped to the US and Canada will arrive within five to seven business days and delivery time to the UK and Australia may take longer.
With Our Ring Sizing Guide
If you would like to measure your ring size immediately, print out our simple Ring Sizing Guide. Before you print the guide, be sure to check that page scaling is set to "none" on your print dialog box.
Use the Ring Sizing Guide to measure a ring you have at home by placing the ring over the size circles until it matches the inside edge of your ring. Make sure the ring you use fits the exact finger (and hand) the you are purchasing the ring for.
To create your own ring sizer, start by cutting out the ring sizer. Wrap the ring sizer snugly around the widest part of the intended finger so that the numbers are visible to you, and insert the pointed end through the slit you made in the sizer. Make note of the number that lines up with the slit, this is your ring size!
- Our dominant hands are generally slightly larger — make sure you measure the right finger on the correct hand!
- Rings with wider bands will fit a bit tighter. If you plan to measure one of your partner's rings, try to measure one with a similar width as the ring you want to purchase.
- Make sure the finger is at normal body temperature — fingers can shrink or expand when hot or cold.
- Your fingers tend to change size throughout the day — the best time to measure your finger is the end of the day.
- If your knuckle is bigger, take 2 measurements and choose a size in between — ring needs to fit over knuckle but not be too loose or it will shift around.
- If you are aiming for a surprise, read our tips about How to Measure Ring Size for a Surprise Proposal.
- When you don’t know your partner’s ring size, selecting one of the standard ring sizes is your best choice. The average ring size for women is 6 to 7, and the average ring size for men is 9 to 10.
Free 60 Day Ring Resize Policy
Starfire is happy to offer a complimentary 60 day resize period for all US, Canadian, UK, and Australian customers for most rings within the jeweler's recommended sizing range. If your ring doesn't fit perfectly, Starfire offers complimentary shipping both ways while we resize your ring.
The ring resizing process involves removing or adding small pieces of metal to the original ring to attain the new size requested. As a result, the spot where the ring got cut and soldered can become weaker, but these changes are usually unnoticeable.
At Brilliant Earth, our professional jewelers adhere to quality control standards to reduce the risk of breakage and ensure resized rings fit perfectly. After resizing, we clean and polish the ring before returning it to you.
If you're unsure, choose a slightly bigger engagement ring. Making a ring smaller is much easier than increasing its size. In addition, a size up might be ideal if you live in warm areas because the heat can make your fingers swell.
Yes, there are many ways to find your partner’s ring size without them knowing. If they already own some rings, this is an easy way to find their size. Asking family or friends is another tactic. Read How to Measure Ring Size for a Surprise Proposal to learn all the ways to secretly find a ring size.
To measure ring size at home you can wrap paper or string around your finger, mark the place where the material meets, and then measure the length with a ruler. Read our Ring Sizing Guide for more step-by-step details.
Yes, all Starfire diamonds are certified by the world’s leading gem grading labs including GIA, IGI, HRD, and GCAL.